Coves and capes the size of oceans
In early history, Sainte-Félicité attracted the attention of great navigators, such as Jacques Cartier in 1534. Sainte-Félicité is also the site of many shipwrecks, which is why it was once upon a time known as Pointe-au-Massacre. It was in 1869 that the village was named Sainte-Félicité. This new name also comes from the past since Saint Félicité was a rich Roman widow in the second century, under the reign of the emperor Antonin. She was tortured and forced to watch the massacre of her seven sons, having chosen to suffer the worst tortures instead of renouncing Christ.